Project management training is critical to any organization
- Project managers too often learn project management skills through on-the-job training in environments not supportive of project management best practices and at the hands of people never trained in project management. This is a failing combination.
- Our project management training breaks this cycle through focused step-by-step training and exercises to teach robust project management tools and techniques that emphasize reuse and repeatability so that the practices can be learned and sustained beyond their discussion and exercise in a class setting.
- Project management practices include those promoted in the PMBOK® Guide, ISO/IEC/IEEE 12207, 15288, 16326, and 21500, MIL-STD-881C, ISO-9001, CMMI, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, Unified Process, SDLC, DAU Integrated Life Cycle, Agile Manifesto, Scrum, etc.
- We offer workshops in basic and advanced project management, plus specific project management topics. Workshops earn eligible PDU based on one PDU per hour of instruction. In additional to our scheduled workshops, we are happy to work with groups and can adapt our workshops from several hours to one day or as many as 10 days or more depending on your specific requirements and audience.
Basic Project Management Training
- Basic Best Practices
- Initiating a Project
- Planning a Project
- Executing a Project
- Closing a Project
- Monitoring and Controlling a Project
- Next Steps
Advanced Project Management Training
- Fundamental Concepts.
- Overview of a Project.
- Initiating a Project.
- Planning a Project.
- Executing a Project.
- Monitoring and Controlling a Project.
- Closing Projects.
- Next Steps.
Individual Topic Project Management Workshops
Individual workshop topics:
- Introduction to Project Management
- Project Management Framework and Processes
- Develop Project Management Plans
- Define Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), WBS Dictionary, and Activity List
- Project Configuration Management and Change Management
- Business Analysis and Requirements Management
- Estimate Activity Resources and Durations
- Project Schedule Management
- Estimate Costs and Determining Budgets
- Earned Value Management
- Project Risk Management
- Monitor and Control Projects
- Lessons Learned, Continuous and Process Improvement
- Leadership and Communications
- Introduction to Microsoft Project
- Advanced Microsoft Project
Our training is accessible and Section 508 compliant