- Basic Best Practices. Presentation of basic and common project management best practices.
- Initiating a Project. Interactive discussion and exercise on receiving, accepting, and kicking off a project, including the steps to identify stakeholders and plan planning.
- Planning a Project. Interactive discussion and exercise on planning a project from collecting requirements and setting scope, to create a robust project management plan, then creating a project and solution work breakdown structure (WBS), and building a schedule from it (including resources, duration, and cost estimates). Planning will also address quality, risk, procurement, and other relevant planning topics.
- Executing a Project. Interactive discussion and exercise on following the plan to execute the project and create the product, service, or result required of the project.
- Monitoring and Controlling a Project. Interactive discussion and exercise on a wide range of topics from configuration management, change control, quality control and quality assurance, to reporting topics, such as earned value. Monitoring and controlling will also address continuous and process improvement.
- Closing Projects. Interactive discussion on steps to fully close and hand off a project so that follow-on projects can reuse or pickup from where the project left off, so that other projects might learn from the project, etc.
- Next Steps. Review the practice of project management and how to implement it in individual projects with emphasis will be on identifying and adopting best practices.
Our training is accessible and Section 508 compliant