Matthew J. Weaver
Matthew Weaver is president/CEO of Project Weavers, LLC, an American veteran-owned project management training company. He specializes in project management, best practices, methodology definition, and process improvement based on nearly 40 years of experience that began with enlistment in the Navy, progressed through work for a variety of companies, and several forays into starting and running his own companies. Matthew’s experience involves all aspects of project, product, and development life cycles. He has taught project management in one form or another since around 2000. Matthew will publish “A Project Methodology”, a detailed project management how-to book, in late 2017 or early 2018 to coincide with the upcoming 6th edition of the PMBOK Guide.
Matthew actively volunteers with PMI Global, PMI chapters, and with groups that help fellow veterans and people who are unemployed. He is a frequent speaker around the US and in Canada, always welcoming the opportunity, even last minute, to speak on project management and related topics. Read more.
A graduate of California State University, Fullerton, Matthew also pursued graduate study at American University. He is a veteran of the U.S. Navy where he trained as an Electronics Technician and Nuclear Reactor Operator, then served aboard the USS Coral Sea (CV-43).
Matthew holds Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), and ITIL V3 certifications.
Matthew relocated Project Weavers to Reno in July 2014, where he now lives with his wife and twin 9-year old sons. Matthew grew up mostly in Idaho and Alaska, has lived throughout the U.S., and traveled for work and pleasure to around 50 countries. Matthew is author of a yet to be published science fiction novel, Unintended Consequences.
Matthew Weaver and Project Weavers’ staff are frequent project management speakers at conferences and other events. Our staff includes two PhD., four published authors, and most, like Matthew, are military service veterans. Several are recipients of PMI and industry awards and recognition, and all volunteer with PMI global and chapter groups, plus other non-PMI groups. Below are selected project management speaker events involving Matthew Weaver, owner of Project Weavers.
Would you like Matthew or another member of Project Weavers’ team to speak to your group? We welcome opportunities to speak on relevant topics. Please email email@example.com
Matthew volunteers extensively with PMI Global, PMI chapters, and elsewhere. In addition to speaking at events, he volunteers within chapters, plus on LinkedIn where he moderates and participates in several large project management-related groups with around 500,000 members. These include:
- Project Manager Community LinkedIn Group. Matthew manages this over 300,000 member LinkedIn group that focuses on spam-free project management discussions.
- PMO Practices LinkedIn Group. This is a Project Weavers’ LinkedIn group. Previously this group was PMI’s LinkedIn group Program Management Office Community of Practice (PMO CoP), which Matthew was a volunteer manager. PMI transferred ownership of this discontinued this LinkedIn group to Matthew Weaver in early 2015.
- PMIWDC – Washington DC Chapter of PMI LinkedIn Group. Matthew is a volunteer manager of chapter’s LinkedIn group.
- Project Management Practices LinkedIn Group. This is a Project Weavers’ LinkedIn group.
- National Capital Area IT Networking LinkedIn Group. This is a Project Weavers’ LinkedIn group.
- Q&A – Ask a Question, Answer a Question LinkedIn Group. This is a Project Weavers’ LinkedIn group.