Matthew J. Weaver
Matthew Weaver is the founder of Project Weavers, a Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) and 100% American training company. As an instructor, coach, and consultant, he specializes in project management, best practices, methodology definition & process improvement. Matthew’s career spans more than 35 years of IT and technical, project, service, and general business management experience at leading commercial, government, and non-profit organizations.Matthew volunteers extensively with PMI Global, PMI chapters, and elsewhere, including on LinkedIn where he moderates and participates in several large project management-related online forum groups with around 500,000 members.
A graduate of California State University, Fullerton, Matthew also pursued graduate study at American University. He is a veteran of the U.S. Navy where he trained as an Electronics Technician and Nuclear Reactor Operator, then served aboard the USS Coral Sea (CV-43).
Matthew relocated Project Weavers to Reno in July 2014, where he now lives with his wife and twin 8-year old sons. Matthew grew up mostly in Idaho and Alaska, has lived throughout the U.S., and traveled for work and pleasure to around 50 countries. Matthew is author of a yet to be published science fiction novel, Unintended Consequences, and is writing A Project Methodology, a detailed project management how-to book.
Matthew holds Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), and ITIL V3 certifications.
Matthew Weaver and Project Weavers’ staff are frequent project management speakers at conferences and other events. Our staff includes two PhD., four published authors, and most, like Matthew, are military service veterans. Several are recipients of PMI and industry awards and recognition, and all volunteer with PMI global and chapter groups, plus other non-PMI groups. Below are selected project management speaker events involving Matthew Weaver, owner of Project Weavers.
Would you like Matthew or another member of Project Weavers’ team to speak to your group? We welcome opportunities to speak on relevant topics. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Matthew volunteers extensively with PMI Global, PMI chapters, and elsewhere. In addition to speaking at events, he volunteers within chapters, plus on LinkedIn where he moderates and participates in several large project management-related groups with around 500,000 members. These include:
- Project Manager Community LinkedIn Group. Matthew manages this over 300,000 member LinkedIn group that focuses on spam-free project management discussions.
- PMO Practices LinkedIn Group. This is a Project Weavers’ LinkedIn group. Previously this group was PMI’s LinkedIn group Program Management Office Community of Practice (PMO CoP), which Matthew was a volunteer manager. PMI transferred ownership of this discontinued this LinkedIn group to Matthew Weaver in early 2015.
- PMIWDC – Washington DC Chapter of PMI LinkedIn Group. Matthew is a volunteer manager of chapter’s LinkedIn group.
- Project Management Practices LinkedIn Group. This is a Project Weavers’ LinkedIn group.
- National Capital Area IT Networking LinkedIn Group. This is a Project Weavers’ LinkedIn group.
- Q&A – Ask a Question, Answer a Question LinkedIn Group. This is a Project Weavers’ LinkedIn group.