The basic steps to PMP certification:
- Take a live PMP certification exam prep class, such as one of our 100% live online virtual classes or an in-person class. Whether you take one of our classes or now, key recommendation is to take a 100% live class, not recorded. By some reports, recorded courses and self-study have 40-50% first time pass rate. Our 100% live classes come with our pass guarantee. No risk.
- Join PMI at https://www.pmi.org (As a paid member, recommended)
- Prepare your application. (We help with the application as part of our classes)
- Once class ends, submit your application.
- PMI accepts or returns for clarification, usually within 3-5 days
- Once approved, pay for the certification exam.*
- PMI either approves it or randomly selects it for audit (10%), which might delay approval for 7-10 days. Aside from an audit, PMI should issue approval within minutes or hours.
- You have one year to schedule your certification exam.
- Once you are ready, schedule the exam through Prometric using the code provided by PMI. Prometric test centers are often open seven days a week.